Life after any type of injury can leave an injured person and their family feeling depressed, anxious and overwhelmed. The impact is far reaching and often devastating.
Why Consider a Social Worker After a Collision or Catastrophic Injury?
- Services can be provided to the client within their home
- Early intervention can lessen the effects of the disability on the individual and their family
- Social workers assist clients to understand their emotions related to their losses, adjust to changing circumstances and help them learn coping strategies
- Social workers offer treatment that help clients achieve the best quality of life possible and enhance their functioning at home, work or leisure
Scope of Practice
- Clinical social work counselling is available for adults, children, couples and family members who have sustained an injury and are experiencing grief/loss, depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress and acute/chronic pain
- Identify client goals and provide links to community resources in the areas of housing, transportation and income replacement
- Communicate with other treating professionals, caregivers and families to ensure a comprehensive approach to rehabilitation
The Social Work Team at Pursuit Health Management are Registered members of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers (OCSWSSW). They possess expertise working with individuals involved in motor vehicle collisions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Mindfulness Practices
- Solution–Focused Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Narrative Therapy
To speak to a social worker today, contact our office for a private consultation.